Armadillos may not seem like any other creature in North America, but they can certainly be as harmful. Armadillos mostly make their houses in the southern states of the US and in most areas of Mexico and South America in which the soil is warm and soft. While normally, these animals are regarded as harmless (dare I say cute in a nasty way) critters, they’re able to do a substantial amount of damage to your house, just asked the experts at Broward Animal Trapping.
Armadillos are regarded as pests by landscapers, homeowners and gardeners alike due to their incessant need to dig. Not only do they need to dig for their food, but most of the problems that spring up around armadillos are all about their burrows. If they dig too near the supporting beams of your porch/house/etc. it can in fact cause the base of your constructions to crack! Do not allow this to happen to you, there are a number of things which you can do to get rid of your armadillo problem.
1. Try to trap the armadillo. There are many ways to go about trapping an armadillo, however, the usual method to do it would be to trap them using a trapping apparatus or catching them (not an easy task). But you must consult your state’s regulations regarding trapping.
2. Call a Specialist. Professionals are out there for a reason and you don’t want to hurt yourself or the creature. This is the easiest and cheapest way to go about getting rid of your pest issues. I have spent plenty of time compiling this list of just the best and accredited organizations to help you with your problem.
3. Exclude them from your house by constructing fences around your whole yard or around the foundation of any structure they’ve been digging at.
4. Relocate the armadillo at least 10 miles away from the house in a forested area which provides them no reason to earn their way back to your dwelling.
5. Fill in the burrow as soon as you have gotten rid of the armadillos, otherwise the another family of creatures may move in.
1. Not only is poison ineffective, it is dangerous to other animals, your pets and your loved ones to lay out.
2. Kill them or use any other inhumane method of getting rid of these.
3. Buy and use repellents; they just do not work and you will end up wasting your money.
4. Do not put your fence up without removing the armadillos from your lawn first.
Getting rid of your armadillo problem doesn’t need to give you heartburn. When in doubt, call a professional near you to assist you with your problem. This is the simplest (and most economical in certain instances) way to handle your armadillo issues.